Sunday, September 30, 2007

DAY 28 - 4th REST DAY - HANGING OUT WITH MY DAD

.
Today I drove my dad's truck to church in Dodge City (first time I had driven in four weeks, kind of weird!). It had that familiar atmosphere that was very welcoming, but also a slightly different feel as well - only about 50 people in the congregation, very small! Of course, today also called for the typical duties of blogging, laundry, phone calls, map checking, etc. My dad really wanted to visit "Boot Hill". Not being much of a western fan, I was unaware of the significance - but soon was enlightened. My dad, however, he grew up adoring just about any western that would come on the TV. So, needless to say, we had a great time (especially my dad). It was neat to see him recall part of the history he grew up with (that makes it sound like my dad grew up in the wild west - ha! ha! But you know what I meant).
.
We had a great time today just hanging out, looking at maps, and prepping his truck for the next leg of this incredible journey. Tomorrow night will be my last night in Kansas!
.
"I CAN!"
.

6 comments:

Elliott said...

Hey Chip, we check in with your blog every day. We're sure glad to hear that you're getting some help. Those winds sounded brutal. Take good care of yourself and we look forward to seeing you in sunny So Cal!

Jay said...

At least the winds come just before a rest day. Hope your keeping your ankle iced up in the evenings.
Thanks for keeping the patriotic nerve alive.

Jay S.

Anonymous said...

Chip,
Your blog has become part of my morning ritual. I get to work,turn on my computer, and look at your website! It is so great what you are doing. I'm glad your Dad is with you now, no more hitch hiking hahahaha. Tell your Dad I said hello! And let Tracy know I think she's amazing for holding down a household of 4 kids and supporting you through all of this.
Can't wait to hear about your next adventure!(with no more pain)
"YOU CAN"

-Julie Sanford (Anderson)

Jacob Irving said...

I bet you've never been so grateful for the sabbath as you are now. Hey, I really like the tan line. You may be starting a trend. Keep going buddy. You've come so far!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chip, Wow, what adventures you've had lately with the wind and all. Tell your dad he looks great and how wonderful I think it is that he is helping you out. As a skin cancer survivor, let me say that I agree with Carrie about the sunscreen. I am laughing at myself as I end my comments. Laughing because I thought at first, "Gee, that's strange, the one guy in the church picture is flashing a gang sign!" Then I realized it must be some sort of Hawaiian sign. Oops, silly old me. Love, Aunt Annie

Chip said...

Elliott,
Thanks, I can't wait!

Jay,
I'm sorry, but what is your last name?

Julie,
Glad you're still blogging along with me.

Jacob,
Check on the Sabbath. I think you should start wearing a headband and a helmet around town and see if it really is catchy! ha!ha!

Aunt Annie,
1st - I never knew you had skin cancer. 2nd - I was dying laughing about the "gang sign" comment!!!