Monday, September 3, 2007

DAY 1 - DESTINATION - SUNNASUCCA, NJ

At 9:05 am (pacific time) I did the ceremonial wheel dip in the Atlantic Ocean. My departure point was actually from Sandy Hook, New Jersey. You can see the Manhattan skyline in the background. Turned out to be a discouraging day with my first flat tire and getting lost in East Brunswick, New Jersey. Also, the combined weight of gear and trailer exceeds 100 pounds. Needless to say I'm quite exhausted. Day 1, 80.39 miles in exactly 13 hours!

You will be seeing more of that paper doll. It is based on the children's book Flat Stanley. My daughter Hannah's second grade class is currently working on this project and has asked me to participate. So, where will "Flat Hannah" pop up next?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chip: Everyone here in Boise is very excited for you to finally begin this amazing endeavor! We are all rooting for you and are keeping you in our prayers. We can't wait to read about your next adventure on the road. Be safe and know that you are never forgotten. We are proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Yo Chip, Yous is ona yu way dude! So whas amatta you? Fo git abou it and hows yous doin'? I'ma gonna make dos guys what made da map an offa dey can't refuus, yous know what I mean?

Rememba onea ting............ Don't drink da water!

We're praying for you son! K&V

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is so exciting Chip!! You're actually doing it!!I'm so proud of you and thinking of you everyday. You're going to see some amazing scenery. I love you and can't wait to see you back in the west.

Ellen

Ps. did you get that lifeguards phone number? j/k ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Chip!
Amy told me what you are doing and I think it's amazing! I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck and be safe!

Julie Sanford (Anderson)