Tuesday, September 4, 2007

DAY 2 - DESTINATION - STROUDSBURG, PA

1st state border crossing. Today was much better than yesterday. Only a few minor glitches with mapping. You've gotta love technology though; I called Bernie Perkins in Orange County, California (via a bluetooth headset, so I can ride and communicate). He was able to Mapquest my location (or Google Maps) and take me turn by turn back on course. That has definitely been the most valuable tool so far.

The photo above was taken from a walk bridge over the Delaware river just prior to crossing into Pennsylvania.

The support I'm getting from friends and family is what will take me the distance. I love you all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chip:
Best of luck to you along the way, our thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of the family. You are an inspiration to some of us who only think about doing "grand" things.

Z & R Curtis

Tad said...

Hi Chipper - I love seeing the updated pics as you begin rolling across the nation... I was hoping to see you riding the Univega though! Andrea was crushed when she realized we were no longer on the "A List". She tried emailing and calling your house a few times before you left and finally had to call your publicist to get any info! I guess we can cut you some slack since you probably had a couple of things to do! Anyway, we love you and will be waiting with open arms when you hit HB. The hot tub sits at 101 degrees and is all yours to soak in when you get here. I've also ordered good weather for you so don't worry! Tad

Anonymous said...

I will be sending you these daily so that you know we love and support you!!! If you get sick of us..(more like me) let me know. Just remember those like Carrie French....Her parents will be proud just as much as we are. You Rock!!! The Gropp/Yeargains

Anonymous said...

Hi Chip, our family saw you on I-80 near The Crossings where there was very heavy traffic from construction. We wanted to say "hi", but we did not want to distract you from the rough road you were navigating. We want to wish you luck and a sake journey. we will watch your progress.

Anonymous said...

HI Chip -

Glad to see you are having a successful trip since we saw you in beautiful Warren County NJ (Delaware, NJ...named after the mighty river framing the town). Glad to have met you on your trip and just wanted to send our best wishes!

Thank you for your sacrifice, service and duty you gave to our country.

God Bless our Service Men and Women. Keep them in your prayers at all times.