Tuesday, August 7, 2007

THE BIKE IS IN!

Trek Pilot 5.o
For the many requests I've received, this is the bike I will be riding from New York City to Huntington Beach, California. If you are a cyclist then you may want to know that this is a 30 speed Trek Pilot 5.0 road bike. A carbon-fiber frame, equipped with Shimano 105 components and a Shimano Ultegra rear derailleur. I purchased it from Georges Cycles & Fitness here in Boise, Idaho. The store owner, Mike Cooley, is a big supporter of what I am trying to accomplish and gave me a 20% discount. Thank you Georges!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chip - Good luck on your ride and be very careful! Lots of love to you.

Anonymous said...

Hey brother.. I wish I could be there to see you off. You inspire more people than you realize. I tell ya', when your legs start to burn and your chest wants to explode, just remember what you are fighting for.. Those who have gone before us will be upstairs watching over you as you remember their extraordinary efforts by your inspirational desire to open the eyes of those who may have forgotten. Good luck on your ride and Semper Fi...

Coonass